FAQ and Procedures for the Limited Warranty Claims
About our products
Surge protectors are designed and manufactured to protect properly connected and grounded electrical equipment against spikes and surges. Once a surge protector absorbs to its capacity, it will no longer provide surge protection. ITW Linx brand surge protectors provide warranty against product defects. See warranty for details. Surge protectors that have been damaged while protecting your connected equipment are not considered defective and therefore are not covered under warranty.
FAQ-Limited Product Warranty Claims
Q: Do I have a Limited product warranty claim?
A: This can only be determined by the warranty department. The warranty department will review the information you supply and contact you within 10 days of receipt of the email or phone call.
Q: How long does the warranty process take?
A: The average turn around time from receipt of the initial email or phone call is 90 days.
Q: Do you cover data loss?
A: Data loss is not covered.
Q: Is lightning damage to the ITW Linx surge protector covered?
A: If your surge protector was hit by lightning and you do not have any connected equipment damage, we are not required to replace the surge protector. The surge protector is designed to protect your connected equipment and will sacrifice itself for your equipment if the lightning hit is severe. If you do have any connected equipment damage, see the Connected Equipment Warranty Claim section on this website.
IMPORTANT: To file a claim under the ITW Linx Limited Product Warranty, you must follow these Claim Procedures:
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.800.336.LINX (5469) with the following information:
- Your contact information including full name, email and/or phone number
- The ITW Linx part number and quantity
- Date of occurrence
- ITW Linx will review your information and notify you via phone or email if you qualify for the Surge Protection Product Limited Warranty. If you do qualify, you will be provided with a Surge Damage Form number (W#).
- Pack the ITW Linx surge protector in a secure box so no further damage occurs. Clearly write the W# on the outside of the shipping box. No returned product will be accepted without the W#. Ship the complete package to the address supplied to you via email or phone.
- The ITW Linx warranty department will evaluate your surge protector.
- ITW Linx will replace the qualifying returned protector with the identical part number. If the identical part number is no longer available, ITW Linx will replace the protector with the closest possible protector. The average turnaround time from the receipt of an initial email or phone call to product replacement is 90 days.
For additional comments/questions, email our warranty department at LinxSales@itwlinx.com or contact us at 1.800.336.LINX (5469).